L002 Forklift Operator – Nights
NOTE: FLS is currently hiring positions for the night shift for Material Handler. Shifts are from 6:00pm to 6:00am.
This individual takes work direction from the on-shift warehouse team leader. Secondary work direction may also come from any other leader of the FLS operation.
- The material handling function must demand the attention of safety for the protection of people, equipment, and material. This includes, but not limited to, working at safe speeds, reporting and initiating tractor repair, by observing appropriate rest periods, and by requesting help when lifting awkward or heavy loads.
- Service all functions in the areas of supply in-process materials and extricating finished product. This includes proper materials orientation, loading and unloading trailers, filling the box dumper, and communicating with the machine operators on their respective needs.
- Storage plans must be followed. This includes, but not limited to, putting finished product in the pre-planned proper aisle. An important factor in materials storage is that materials identification and roll labels are turned to the right.
- Provides service/’assistance to after-hours receiving and storage.
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Maintain and implement a standard of housekeeping that is conductive to mill guidelines. Areas of special concern involve the compactor-includes notifying the shift coordinator when full, and the general warehouse floor.
- Communicates fully with the warehouse group for assignments that could be accomplished during shifts. This includes loading/unloading semi-trailers as time permits. Scrap trailers and/or good shippable product.
- Support the mill effort, on an emergency basis and as specified by the team leader, in the area of snow removal and assisting the manufacturing areas with waste hauling during machine upsets.
- Assists in the effort of mill security. All unknown persons shall be checked for entry clearances and doors shall remain locked at all times.
- Provides waste handling services. They include, but not limited to, the hauling and of scrap. Poly must also be taken away.
- This individual must communicate all aspects of the material handling function with their partner at shift change. These aspects must include workloads, what semis are at the doc, special instruction, etc.
- If work is behind, the material handler should communicate this to the shift coordinator so that corrective action can be taken. The shift coordinator may have an extra person be able to free someone up, ask you to work over or delay work to the next shift if the next shift has extra people.
- It is important that lines of communication be open to the shift coordinator and respective machine leaders.
- Progress steadily on the appropriate training level for specific equipment.
- Will assist in the training of both new associates and cross training of current associates.
- Stay current in at least one back up position.
- Flexible to perform any other duties requested by team leader.
- Maintain safe work environment and report any issues immediately.
- Documentation is completed neatly and properly.
- Assist other areas as needed to ensure good team work.
- Safely stage and move rolls as well as assist with loading of the rolls.
- Build/break down boxes
- Check and stock supplies at the beginning and end of shift (labels, tape, gloves, etc)
- Ensure all materials leaving the bay are properly labeled.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures put in place by KC and Facility Logistic Services.
Other duties as assigned by the Machine Leader, Operations Assistant of FLS Leadership.